Friday, November 14, 2008

Bad Social Etiquettes

I have just encountered a pretty bad experience within the group of "so-called friends." My feelings towards this "so-called friendships", well is nothing more than "rubbish" and time wasted.

It is so unlike the previous friends that we used to have around us, as these days, talking about friendships, no matter how good the friendships look like or sounds like, but at the end of the day, it is just not worth a friendship at all. One that you can just easily passed by or laid off. There is nothing in these friendships that can be compared to mine good old friends, whom I call them as mine "comforting" friends. You won't be surprise to know that some of them were even my childhood friends and college mates whom we still keep in touch till to these days. That shows how strong our friendships were and is still growing and going stronger.

Unfortunately, nowadays, there is no more sincerity in a "true friendship." I'll put it as "conditional friendships" which one expect you to buy them things or foot the bills whenever they help you out not even with sincerity at heart. No doubt I was brought up in a way that we must appreciate and remember the gratitude of those people who helped us but I believe that there is a limit to everything. Well, just too bad, people tends to take advantage of it whether realizing it or not.

Now, back to this group of "so-called friends." We have built the friendships through introduction from one to the other. It was a good start at first, as supposedly like everything and everyone was new, so it was much of a courtesy to be nice to one another. Basically, we have known one another for about 2 years now and I thought might last.

After knowing for few months, one of the girls showed her enthusiasm of helping me as I was having some problems with transportations, so she offered me and of course I took up the offer without much hesitation. I thought that she offered her help with some sincerity but no. Anyway, she did helped me out on transportation problems few times. I on the other hand did not realize that it was all a show after all. Unfortunately, there is no "award" for this act. Too bad for her, isn't it ? Otherwise, I would be glad to vote for her for her best act. Of course, if you are wondering whether I did do my part of gratitude towards her, definitely YES. I am a strong believer that no matter how small or big the help comes or given to me, I must repay in full.

Then, slowly her attitude changed drastically and has affected few of us including me. At first, we did not realize but I already got the instinct that our friendships will be finished very soon. The final straw came when she got attracted to the guy next door. Of course, we are all not one that get jealous easily of her so-called new found love affair. She started with giving all of us the cold shoulders, then followed by walking away from us whenever few of us got together chit chatting and gossiping. Well, you know the normal girls do.

Somehow, it really got so bad that I have to walk away from her attitude. Out of the blues, I received her smses which was at least 2 pages long which sounded so cheap self-pitied. In the contents, of course, she did not apologize but expect her actions to be spelled out which puts me off even further.

Look, we are adults and we do not need to be told of our actions. In my mind, she was supposed to know her own actions, right or wrong. Why not, just come right up and admit the mistakes so we will all forget about the whole issue ?? Well, to be very frank her message was not even sincere.

Since then, I have avoided such friendships. Well, it is better off without her and them as a whole.

No comments: